Designing and decorating your home office is very important as any other thing once you work from home. You should arrange your space to get maximum productivity as well as relaxation.
If you are interested to know home office cabinet design ideas, you can follow these ideas from experts.
Wall-mounted office cabinets
James Kalim, founder and CEO at Only Silent says,” As an interior designer, working with clients who want to improve their home office space is no longer new to me. Everyone wants to have a beautiful and organized home office space because it boosts motivation and productivity.
To achieve that, the office space should have enough office cabinets. However, some people don’t want to have those bulky ones because it destroys the overall aesthetics of the office. From my experience, here are some excellent office cabinets design ideas:
Wall-mounted office cabinets are space savers because they are just hanging on the wall. If you have minimal office space, this is the perfect design for you. You can make it a piece of art by putting two kinds of colors as the cover for every slot to make it look more organized and artistic.
Portable office cabinet design
James Kalim, founder and CEO at Only Silent also speaks about portable office cabinet design: These often come with small wheels. You can drag it everywhere to lessen your movement while at work. Youcan also make this multipurpose by creating it as a cabinet and a table.
Simple as possible
Alex Varela, General Manager of Dallas Maids, a house cleaning service in Dallas, Texas says,”As an architect, I can say that I’ve seen now more than ever hundreds of ideas on the internet about office cabinets. If you’re not a designer, the first thing you’re probably thinking is: how do I make my room look like that?”
And that’s not easy to answer. Here are some tips:
– If you want to go for a modern look, choose simplicity in all areas: shape, texture, color.
– Lets’ start with the shape. Modern cabinets have no visible handles. They are called handleless. If you are a bit savvy when it comes to woodworking, you can pull this off for sure.
– Texture is usually flat, but that depends on your style. Other popular textures and finishes are wood, concrete, and frosted glass.
– Again, for a modern look go with white, black, or any in-between. If you are using color try using a very low saturation. Brown, dark navy blue, and white are always great combinations of color. This is just an example, there are hundreds of possibilities here.
– If you go too crazy with cabinets, you could end up having a room that looks more like a closet or a pantry. Leave some open shelves or even no cabinets at all! Instead, place a painting, a big clock, or a photograph in a picture frame. This will set your room apart and add some interior design.
She adds, “On a similar note, bookcases and shelving units are gaining a lot of popularity. It’s about making storage be as simple as possible, limiting the amount of material to only the basic structure and the surface that supports your supplies and tools. Etagere bookcases are a perfect example.”
What You Need
Harriet, co-founder of CocoFinder, a company engaged in software development says,” Having a well-designed home office can help to increase productivity. A dedicated space for work will save you from distractions and keep you focused.”
He suggests some ideas for home office design.
Get a Good Chair
Remember that you will be spending hours seated in your chair. A comfortable ergonomic chair is one of the best investments you can make. It will help you maintain the correct posture as you work, preventing consequences like backache.
Position Yourself Where There is a View
Do not just stare at a blank wall when you move your eyes from the screen. You can have your desk placed in front of a window to see some interesting things outside. If your space is enclosed, you can hang some exciting pictures and portraits on the wall.
Consider What You Need
Remember that you will spend the majority of your time in your home office. Ensure that you have shelves and storage to accommodate what you need at all times. Invest in furniture that is functional and attractive because it will motivate you to work. A dull office presentation can hinder your productivity.